Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Pot Roast
You can cook Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- Prepare 4 Pounds of chuck boneless roast (well-marbled).
- You need 1 Cup of red wine.
- You need 2 of Onions , large - sized , thickly sliced.
- Prepare 3 Cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of garlic , peeled.
- It's 4 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of carrots , peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It's To Taste of kosher salt.
- You need To Taste of black pepper.
Pot Roast instructions
- Make sure the beef is room temperature. Generously rub salt and pepper all over the roast..
- Pre-heat the oven to 275 degrees..
- In a thick-bottomed covered pot that can go in the oven (i.e. Le Creuset or dutch oven), add 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes..
- Turn the heat up to high. Sear the roast on high heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the roast when nicely browned. Set aside on a plate to rest..
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pot. Then add the onions and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the carrots and garlic to the pot. Cook for another 3 or 4 minutes until the vegetables are browned. Remove the vegetables from the pot and set aside..
- Deglaze the pot with the cup of red wine over high heat for about a minute. Scrape the bottom of the pan and mix..
- Add the roast and vegetables back to the pot. The pour in the beef broth, add the bay leaves, and then cover the pot. Bring to a simmer. Remove the pot from the stove and place it in the oven. Cook at 275 degrees for 4 hours, until the meat is tender..