Easiest Way to Make Perfect pork chops with mushroom cream sauce
pork chops with mushroom cream sauce. This mushroom bourbon cream sauce is so addictive, you'll want to eat it by the cupfuls! Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Skillet Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
Remove chops from skillet and drain grease. Put chops back in skillet and pour sour cream and soup over them. I browned the pork for about ten minutes, mixed the sour cream, soups and mushroom mixture together and poured over top. You can have pork chops with mushroom cream sauce using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of pork chops with mushroom cream sauce
- You need 2 lb of thick cut pork chops.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of button mushroom.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It's 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It's 1/3 cup of brandy.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1 of salt n pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream or half n half.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of veal stock (mix of chicken and beef stock ok).
These pork chops covered in a mushroom and white wine cream sauce will be your new BEST FRIEND. When in doubt just combine cream, mushrooms, and wine and you'll have yourself a winner winner pork chop dinner. For good measure and extra tang I like to add a bit of dijon mustard. These pork chops with mushroom cream sauce will not disappoint.
pork chops with mushroom cream sauce step by step
- PREP: - slice mushrooms thickly - finely chop parsley - slice edges of pork chops to prevent curling - dust pork chops with salt, pepper, chili powder and flour - mix cream and veal stock together in mixing cup, stir well.
- COOK: - heat stainless or iron fry pan on high heat, add ~ 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- - in small batches, add seasoned pork chops to hot pan, cook for ~ 2 minutes a side, until just cooked through and juices run a little pink. Remove cooked pork from pan and set aside on a plate. Tent with foil to retain heat and allow the meat to continue cooking away from the fire... this will help ensure tender morsels instead of chewy chunks of pork!..
- - deglaze the pan with the white wine, then lower the heat to low while juices reduce.
- - add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter to the pan, mix well until the butter is almost melted.
- - over high heat, add all the mushrooms and cook thoroughly, until they begin to look slightly browned.
- - add brandy. ** I usually flambe the mushrooms in brandy at this point, but you can simply cook it until juices are well reduced.
- - once liquid is reduced, add remaining tablespoon of butter and melt thoroughly..
- - slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of flour and mix well, making a light rue..
- - add cream/stock mixture and mix very well until the sauce is smooth..
- - add the garlic powder - add Dijon mustard and cook for a couple more minutes, until sauce has a gravy like consistency..
- - add the parsley, reserving a small portion to use as a topping/garnish.
- - add the pork and accumulated juices from the plate. Mix the contents of the pan gently to prevent burning. Cook until the contents of the pan are warmed through..
- - Garnish with remaining parsley, serve with mashed potatoes and green vegetables. YUM!.
Now, I have to give credit where its due and tell you this pan friend pork chops recipe is Usually a mushroom gravy for smothered pork chops is made with flour or a can of cream of mushroom soup. But this low carb pork chop. Deliciously Easy Pork Chops with Creamy Garlic Herb Mushroom Sauce is a super easy dinner recipe! Perfect for any night of the week. These seared pork chops are topped with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce that gets flavored with fresh herbs.