Recipe: Perfect Mom's milk pork chops
Mom's milk pork chops. Dip pork chops into the egg, then press in the cracker crumbs to coat. I would put the seasonings into the cracker crumbs instead of the egg. Delicious smothered pork chops in a cream sauce with rich onions and flavors of garlic is a one-pan meal that Hearty and creamy pork chops rich with the flavors of garlic and onion.
Deceptively simple, this two-serving recipe for milk-braised pork chops is easy to prepare and pleasantly surprising with its rich, complex flavors. It is best made using a pork butt roast but, unless you want leftovers (and the leftovers are delicious), you can make this with a couple of pork loin chops. These boneless pork chops are braised in milk, resulting in super-tender meat with an incredibly rich, flavorful gravy. You can have Mom's milk pork chops using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's milk pork chops
- Prepare 3 of butterfly pork chops split in 2.
- You need 1 of saltine crackers mixed with Italian crumbs.
- You need 1 of Italian bread crumbs.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It's 1 of milk.
Braising pork in milk, a method that Jimmy Bannos Jr., of The Purple Pig learned while cooking in Florence, results in supertender meat and an incredibly rich and flavorful gravy. Brown and juicy pork chops are covered in a creamy rosemary and mushroom sauce for an impressively easy stovetop dinner. It's normal for the coconut milk to separate into layers, so shake the can before opening and whisk the milk until smooth before adding it to the skillet. Marinating the pork chops in milk make them very juicy and tender.
Mom's milk pork chops step by step
- 1. Wet pork chops.
- 2. Dredge in flour.
- 3. Dip each in scrambled egg.
- 4. Put in cracker/Italian crumbs.
- 5. Put in hot oil in pan that will fit all chops on the bottom of frying pan.
- 6. Fry both sides until golden brown.
- 7. Pour in milk so it fills the pan up half way from the bottom of the chops.
- 8. Bake in 325°F oven for approximately 45 min...with lid on.
- 9. After 45 min. Take lid off and bake approximately 20 min. Until the juice is gone.
My husband loves this classic Italian Pork Chops Braised in Milk. He is a gravy lover and this recipe makes its own rich tasting gravy as it cooks. This pork dish would be excellent served with mashed potatoes. My husband also loves his Mom's recipe for Biscuits and Gravy! Soaking the pork in milk prior to cooking results in a tender, moist meat that almost melts in your mouth.