Recipe: Tasty Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy
Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy. I cut them in half, and half a pork chop was. Grab a pork chop from the buttermilk, letting any excess milk run off. Dredge through panko mixture, coating completely.
After six minutes, turn off heat and. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops lightly with seasoning salt. I like Garlic & Pepper Seasoning salt, but Lawry's is good, so is Old Bay. You can cook Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 4 of pork chops.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It's 1 of chopped parsley (garnish).
Dip buttermilk coated chops in flour mixture making sure that it is completely coated. Buttermilk-Mushroom Pork Chops Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Add pork chops, one at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork chops in batches.
Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy step by step
- place flour in a shallow plate and add onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. mix with fork until seasoning is even..
- cover pork chops with the flour mixture evenly throughout..
- heat up a saute pan with oil over medium heat. place pork chops in the heated oil and fry 3 minutes per side until golden brown. at the same time you may saute onions or mushrooms as an optional topping. remove pork chops from the pan along with the optional toppings, leaving the pan drippings behind..
- sprinkle a few pinches of the seasoned flour into the pan with the left behind fat. mix contents in the pan until flour dissolves. pour in the chicken broth and let it cook for 5 minutes until it slightly thickens. stir in the buttermilk and return the pork chops to the pan . If toppings were sautéed, place them on top of the pork chops..
- simmer the contents for 5 minutes until pork is cooked through. season with salt and pepper with chopped parsley before serving.
They were tender and delicious and the gravy was very rich and creamy! Buttermilk Parmesan Pork Chops are soaked in buttermilk to tenderize them and then coated with a mixture of Panko crumbs, flour, seasonings The pork chops available on the market today are much leaner than they were years ago and it's hard to cook them without them drying out and getting chewy. These pork chops will melt in your mouth. They are very good and easy to assemble. They are first sauteed in butter, then baked in a creamy mushroom The sauted chops were topped with an onion slice.