How to Cook Yummy Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. A dear friend brought me some of this soup when I was ill—and it instantly hit the spot. I asked her for the recipe and I've made it several times since, especially when I have leftover turkey to use up. Now I like to take it to friends when they're not feeling well.
Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk. Got leftover cooked chicken or turkey? You can have Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- You need 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- Prepare 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- It's 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 of lg sweet potato.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 qt of whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- Prepare 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- It's 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- It's 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- You need of Texas toast.
Cook up a pot of soup! This recipe is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that Followed recipe with the exception of using chicken instead of turkey extra carrots no sour cream no parsley and no added salt (due to the salt in the rice. This is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that hails from Minnesota. Serve with a crisp romaine salad and whole-grain Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer.
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice step by step
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Stir in turkey (or chicken), sour cream and parsley and. Use your left-over turkey to make a surprisingly elegant cream soup full of tender wild rice and turkey, simmered in broth enriched with half-and-half. Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the chicken broth, turkey, and Bell's seasoning. Bring to a boil then add the rice.