Recipe: Delicious Coronation Chicken
Coronation Chicken. Mix the mayo, curry powder, cinnamon, chutney and sultanas together and season with black pepper. Coronation chicken is a dish begging to be rescued from the retirement home of the chiller cabinet and given the respect it deserves: as Simon Hopkinson tartly observes, "those cowboys who continue. Coronation chicken is an all-time classic and family favourite.
Coronation Chicken, a dish with Indian flavors, has since "become a staple in the U. K.," said Nicky Perry, whose almost-a-quarter-century-old West Village shrine to British food, Tea & Sympathy. This coronation chicken recipe is a tasty way to spruce up chicken breasts using mayo, curry paste and apricot halves. You can cook Coronation Chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coronation Chicken
- It's 2 of cooked chicken legs.
- It's 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Prepare pinch of garam marsala.
- It's 1 teaspoon of mango chutney.
- It's 1 tablespoon of sultanas.
- Prepare dash of lime juice.
Delicious as a sandwich filling or served with a warm potato salad. Coronation Chicken has a bit of a history. Our coronation chicken recipe celebrates this retro classic, with tender chicken in a gorgeously creamy coronation sauce. Download Coronation chicken stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Coronation Chicken step by step
- Cut chicken into 1 cm dice.
- Mix mayonnaise, curry powder and garam marsala in a bowl, add lime juice..
- Stir in sultanas, mango chutney and diced chicken..
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 1 hour..
- Serve, makes good starter, filling for jacket potatoes or sandwiches or as a salad..
- For extra flavour, dry fry the spices, allow to cool before adding to mayonnaise..
- You can substitute dried apricots (diced), raisins or halved grapes in place of sultanas..
Coronation Chicken is an absolute British classic. This recipe takes a cold sandwich filler and turns Coronation chicken is literally my child hood in a dish. You know those sandwich filler packs you get. Serve the coronation chicken with a rice salad. The Queen's Diamond Jubilee weekend in London may have just wrapped, but the question on my mind isn't so much "how does she do it" as.