Recipe: Tasty Marinated pork chops on soy sauce (Bistek)
Marinated pork chops on soy sauce (Bistek). Pork Steak is a variation of Bistek Tagalog. Pork chops are used in this recipe. These are marinated in lime and soy sauce.
In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Salt and Pepper co-star home cook Brian Reeve shows you how to pork chops marinated in soy sauce. Brian shakes things up in the kitchen with co-host Chef. You can cook Marinated pork chops on soy sauce (Bistek) using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Marinated pork chops on soy sauce (Bistek)
- Prepare of Pork chops with bone and fats for extra flavor (or without fat).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red onion (finely chop).
- Prepare 1 of red or white onion (sliced into rings).
- It's 4 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of lime juice.
- It's of pepper.
- It's of sugar.
- Prepare of cooking oil.
- You need of hot water.
- You need of for the marinate**.
- It's of Soy sauce.
- You need of lime juice.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It's of salt.
- You need of sugar.
This pork chop marinade is so simple that I use it on all kinds of meat. For a more robust flavor, let the meat marinate in the refrigerator overnight. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag.
Marinated pork chops on soy sauce (Bistek) instructions
- Marinate the pork chops on soy sauce and lime juice season with sugar, salt and pepper you can adjust depends on your taste. marinate for about 2 hours, best if overnight.
- Sear the pork chops or fry until the fats are rendered on high heat then set aside (save the matinate).
- Fry the chop garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the saved marinate to the pan and add some hot water then let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Season the sauce with sugar, salt and pepper then squeeze some lime to add some acidity or to balance it so it wont be just sweet or salty.
- On a small bowl mix the cornstarch with water then add it to the sauce together pork chops mix well and let it simmer.
- Add the onion rings and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until the pork chop is tender.
- Serve and enjoy your food.
Add pork chops; seal bag and. Mix water, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and minced garlic in a deep bowl. Pork Bistek (Bistec) is a popular Filipino dish of marinated pork steak braised with onions until it's tender and juicy. The soy sauce and citrus marinade gives the pork incredible flavor. The dish can also be made with thick, bone-in or boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin.