How to Cook Perfect Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker)
Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker).
You can have Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker) using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker)
- It's 3-4 lb of beef chuck.
- You need 2 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 1/2 cup of vermouth.
- It's 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 cups of boiling water.
- It's 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 12 oz of frozen pearl onions.
- It's 1 lb of potatoes, cubed.
- You need 5 of medium carrots, cut in pieces.
- You need 10 oz of mushrooms, quartered.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
Pot Roast (Pressure Cooker) step by step
- Prep the ingredients. Combine the water, wine, boullion, Worcestershire, and fish sauce. In a bowl layer the mushrooms, carrots and potatoes. This is so when the vegetables go in, the potatoes will be in the liquid and the mushrooms on top..
- In the pressure cooker, add 1 Tbsp oil and heat on high. Add the onions and cook until browning, or they release their liquid. (If you're using a dutch oven, brown the meat first [steps 5-7] in the dutch oven on the stovetop, remove and then follow these directions)..
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, and spices..
- When the paste begins to stick to the bottom, add the liquid..
- Season the beef chuck with salt..
- Sear the chuck in a skillet on high heat with a little oil..
- Degaze the pan with the vermouth and add it to the pressure cooker..
- Add the chuck to the pressure cooker..
- Cook on high pressure for 35 min followed by immediate pressure release. If using a dutch oven, cook covered in a 300°F oven for 2-3 hours adding more water as necessary..
- Add the veggies so the potatoes are on the bottom and mostly submerged, then the carrots, followed by the mushrooms. Cook on high pressure 15 minutes followed by natural pressure relief. If using the dutch oven, cook with the cover ajar 40-50 min more or until the potatoes are tender..
- Combine the starch with 1/4 cup of water..
- Remove the pot roast from the pot and set aside..
- Bring the liquid in the pot to a simmer and add the starch slurry, stirring to thicken..
- Slice the pot roast, return it to the thickened sauce to reheat..
- Sprinkle the parsley on and serve in large bowls. I like to add simple steamed green peas as a side..