Easiest Way to Make Yummy Taiwanese soul food super crispy pork chop (paigu fan)
Taiwanese soul food super crispy pork chop (paigu fan). Remove pork chops from bag without wiping off marinade. Coat both sides of pork chop with I like to ladle the sauce over rice, place a chop on the rice, pile a bit of minced mustard greens to a You can pick up mustard greens from most asian super markets. This goes well on noodles as well.
Forty years later and I'm still a major fan. If you're a pork chop fan, Taiwanese-style pork chops are definitely up your alley. You can easily make Taiwanese pork chops at home! You can cook Taiwanese soul food super crispy pork chop (paigu fan) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taiwanese soul food super crispy pork chop (paigu fan)
- It's 4 pieces of pork chops.
- Prepare 70 ml of soy sauce (for marinated).
- It's 1/2 tbsp of white pepper (for marinated).
- It's of black pepper a lot (for marinated).
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of cinnamon powder (for marinated).
- It's 5 of spices powder 1/4 tsp (for marinated).
- Prepare 2 tsp of chinese oyster sauce (for marinated).
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar (for marinated).
- You need 100 ml of water (for marinated).
- Prepare 100 ml of cooking wine (for marinated).
- Prepare 3-4 of eggs.
- It's 8 tbsp of tapioca starch.
- You need 8 tbsp of potato starch.
They're perfect for busy weeknights or for when a craving for something fried to a crisp hits. The meat is marinated in a mixture with Chinese five-spice powder. If you can find sweet potato powder, use it instead of cornstarch. Into a large resealable plastic bag, add the soy sauce, garlic, sugar, white wine, and five-spice powder.
Taiwanese soul food super crispy pork chop (paigu fan) step by step
- Few quick cuts to keep the chops from curling.
- Hammer the pork chops to make it tender.
- Place the meat into ziploc then add all materials for marinated.
- Stay in fridge overnight.
- Next day, coat the meat with egg, tapioca starch and potato starch.
- Bake with 220°c(428°F) per side for 10 min, total 20 min.
- Pan fry to make it extra crispy!!!.
Spicy Pork Chop cuts. - Junrui Paigu Dunbei. Pretty good noodle and pork is crispy but a little oily. Waiter not very friendly and there is no English language on the menu. Pork katsu noodle soup and Pork katsu on rice are very delicious. Seems to be one of the best Taiwanese Pork katsu in Taiwan.