How to Prepare Appetizing Southern Cast Iron Fried Pork Chops
Southern Cast Iron Fried Pork Chops. Later, they are double breaded and fried in in my cast iron skillet til golden perfection. These are so good and old fashion tasting and they will remind you of cooking with tovia, pork, pork chop, pork chops, fried pork chops, dinner, meat chop, fried, cooking, how to cook pork chops, pork chops. Southern Fried Pork Chops are sprinkled with seasoned salt, pepper and a little cayenne, if you want some spice, then dredged in flour and pan This southern favorite is simple, but oh so scrumptious!
Dip pork chops in buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Dredge in flour mixture, pressing gently to coat. Place pork chops on a baking sheet. You can have Southern Cast Iron Fried Pork Chops using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Cast Iron Fried Pork Chops
- You need of Brining Process.
- You need 1 gallon of water.
- You need 1 cup of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 each of Red Onion.
- You need of Preparing of the Meat.
- It's 6 each of Pork Chops.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Seasoned Salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Meat Wash during Breading.
- You need 1 each of Large Egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Seasoned Salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of Breading Process.
- You need 5 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It's 2 tbsp of Seasoned Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It's 1/2 gallon of peanut oil.
Pork chops truly are an underrated dinner option. For everything from weeknight dinners to great dinner party fair, pork hits the sweet spot of being all but universally If you've ever pan-fried a steak in hot cast iron and finished it with butter, then you already know what a pleasure it is to cook and eat. Next to fried chicken, these Southern Fried Pork Chops are a long time family favorite. It really is the "other white meat" as the Pork Council tells us. … This is a great dish to cook up in your cast iron skillet.
Southern Cast Iron Fried Pork Chops step by step
- Remove pork chops from packaging and thoroughly wash with plain tap water..
- Boil 1 gallon of water with garlic and onion, then pour the mixture into large bowl and mix in one cup of Kosher Salt, allow to cool, add pork chop to the salt water mixture. Brine pork chops up to 4 hours or overnight..
- After the brining process, rinse off pork chops thoroughly and evenly coat pork chops on both sides with all seasonings listed in the "Preparing the Meat" section..
- Place 5 cups of all-purpose flour, along with listed ingredients ("Breading Process" section) in a bag/bowl. Place each pork chop, two at a time, in the bag and shake to coat evenly until all pork chops are coated..
- Dredge the pork chops in the meat wash and then evenly coat once again in the seasoned flour mixture..
- Place pork chop/s in oil preheated to 340°F, fry for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown..
If you don't have one, any large skillet will do. How to cook pork chops in a cast iron skillet. Serve in their own olive oil, butter & herbs infused sauce We used thick cut Frenched pork chops to demonstrate the stove top cast iron skillet cooking method, mostly because they benefit from brining and we wanted to show the process. Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops from Deep South Dish blog, a southern favorite, simply seasoned and breaded A southern favorite, bone-in pork chops are simply seasoned, breaded and deep fried. Super yummy when served with a peppered milk gravy or a drizzle of honey mustard meat sauce.