Recipe: Tasty Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce
Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce.
You can have Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce
- You need 1 lb of boneless rib cut pork chops (about 5 chops, 1/2 in. thick).
- You need 1 of small shallot, finely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of blackberry jam.
- It's 1 tbsp of sherry vinegar.
- Prepare 3 of sage leaves, finely sliced.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter.
Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce instructions
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of olive oil to a medium stainless pan on medium-high heat. Season the chops with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan for 3 minutes per side. Remove the chops to a plate..
- Drain the oil from the pan and add a fresh knob of butter. Add the shallots and fry for 1 minute until softened. Stir in the jam, vinegar, sage and a few tablespoons of water. Bring to a simmer and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Let cook until the sauce is reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the butter and stir until the sauce is smooth and glossy. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste..
- Return the chops and any juices to the pan. Let them warm through for 1 minute, then flip the chops and let them warm through 1 minute on the other side. Serve with the sauce spooned generously over top..