Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Chicken Marsala
You can cook Chicken Marsala using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Marsala
- You need 2 large of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of flour for dredging.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 8 oz of mushrooms.
- It's 1 can of chicken broth (14 oz).
- Prepare 14 oz of marsala wine.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
Chicken Marsala instructions
- Pound chicken flat and slice in manageable pieces. Dredge chicken in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper..
- Clean, remove stem and quarter mushrooms. I use cremini mushrooms and like the larger pieces. Use whatever mushroom you prefer..
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken pieces in single layer and brown on both sides. If you use small thin pieces like I do, the chicken will be done. If you're using larger, thicker pieces you may need to turn the heat back a bit so the chicken will cook all the way through..
- Remove chicken and set aside. Turn heat down to medium and add mushrooms. Cook until they start to release their juices. The mushrooms will pick up the flour remaining in the pan from the chicken. Keep stirring the mushrooms so the flour won't burn.
- Add marsala to pan with mushrooms to deglaze pan. Bring to a boil and add chicken broth. Bring to boil then reduce to medium..
- Add chicken back to pan and let simmer until it has reduced to your desired consistency. Finish by adding 2 tablespoons of butter..
- I serve over bowtie pasta or with roasted potatoes and asparagus..