How to Make Perfect Cheesy Stuffed Spinach Chicken
Cheesy Stuffed Spinach Chicken.
You can have Cheesy Stuffed Spinach Chicken using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Stuffed Spinach Chicken
- You need 1 cup of Marsala cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 small pack of sliced mushrooms.
- It's Handful of sun dried tomatoes.
- You need 2 of family size spinach bags.
- It's 2 small bags of mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of garlic.
- Prepare 1-12 ounce of softened cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 8 of boneless chicken breast.
Cheesy Stuffed Spinach Chicken step by step
- Trim excess fat and butterfly chicken.
- In a separate bowel mix spinach but leave handful for top of dish(optional) mozzarella (I used a left over mix cheese n this mix it's what I had)cream cheese fresh herbs (I used cilantro and parsley again your preference) 1/2 sour cream sun dried tomatoes minced garlic.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil over med high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter to sear chicken (do not cook throughly just sear (brown the chicken on high heat and season with salt pepper and garlic I also like Lawrys on this dish helps season chicken this process just helps with more seasoning.
- Stuff the chicken with mixture and place in baking pan place chicken stuffed side up like in picture ...sprinkle left over spinach set aside again this was optional my family loves spinach and spinach wilts up a lot!.
- In the frying pan you seared chicken add two tablespoons of butter mushrooms onions and Marsala cooking wine.
- Once mushrooms cooked down and onions browned pour over chicken and spinach dish.
- Top with with other bag ofcheese put in oven at 375 for about 45 min to hr half depends on your oven.
- When it looks good and browned it's done!.. If worried split smaller cut and make sure no pink! Or check internal temperature has to be at least 160!!!... I just bake it until it gets browned like in picture my oven I cook little over hr.
- Finished breast goes great with my sautéed spinach recipe or over fettuccine noodles!.
- If don't have Marsala use cup of water with 2 chicken bouillon cubes it's just for a flavor to moisten and add flavor to chicken or use can of chicken broth totally feel free to change add things I sometimes add whatever fresh herbs I have usually to the stuffing mix.. Don't be scared have fun with it !! (Parsley,cilantroare my fav) I even sometimes add whole FRESH basil leaves and sliced tomatoes on top of chicken before step 8.. Also Worcestershire is good flavor adder to mushroom broth about a tablespoon is fine ... Have fun be creative add flavored you like that's what the fun and love of cooking comes it's all about your twist I'm just sharing some yummy ideas!.