Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free)
Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free).
You can have Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- You need 1 of Beef roast (I used sirloin tip roast for this recipe).
- Prepare of Potatoes, peeled, cut to roughly same size.
- It's of Carrots, peeled cut to bite size.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2-4 Tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
- It's to taste of Salt & Pepper,.
Beef Pot Roast with Gravy (Gluten and Dairy Free) step by step
- Start preparing approximately 2.5 hrs before meal time. Preheat oven to 250° and place rack in center position.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat, add oil. Sear roast on all sides. Set aside. Add water to hot pan and scrape up any meat bits..
- Spray roasting pan with cooking spray and add seared roast. Sprinkle diced onion over and around roast. Add potatoes and carrots, then pour juice from skillet into pan. Cover and place in oven..
- At 1.5 hrs of cook time, turn oven up to 350°. At 2 hr mark, remove pan and pour juices feel roast into a sauce pan, then change oven temp to 400° recover lid and place roast back into oven..
- In saucepan, add rice flour & cocoa powder. Whisk over medium heat till thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. In mean time, remove potatoes and carrots and set aside. Slice roast and pour gravy over slices for serving..