Recipe: Yummy Pot Roast Family Recipe
Pot Roast Family Recipe.
You can have Pot Roast Family Recipe using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast Family Recipe
- Prepare 3 1/2 lb of chuck roast.
- You need 1 small of bag of baby carrots.
- It's 8 small of red potatoes.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- It's 3 of bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 2 1/2 can of brown gravy.
- It's 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 6 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of italian seasoning.
- It's 1 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of ground rosemary.
- You need 1 of water.
Pot Roast Family Recipe instructions
- Make 5-6 slits in random spots on both sides of the roast.
- Peal garlic and cut each clove into 2-3 pieces, and stuff one piece into each slit on the roast.
- Season each side of roast with Italian season, rosemary, black pepper, onion powder (I use a little less than 1/2 teaspoon on each on both sides, but season accordingly to your taste).
- Heat oil in pot big enough to hold roast and enough water to cover the roast.
- Once oil is hot, brown roast on both sides but do not cook through.
- When the roast is brown, add water to cover roast, the bouillon cubes, and bay leaves.
- Once water is boiling turn heat to medium, cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Keep an eye on it so that it doesn't boil over, and add water when needed to be sure there is about 1-2 centimeters of water covering roast.
- After 2 1/2 hours, add potatoes and carrots (and any other veggie you may want) to the pot and cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add gravy to the pot and heat until gravy is slightly boiling (should only take a minute or 2).
- Serve and enjoy :).