Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Jager-Schnitzel
Jager-Schnitzel. All Schnitzel variations are delicious, but there's something especially delicious about Avoid completely drenching the Schnitzel with gravy so that much of the Schnitzel remains crispy. In this episode I will show you how to make my all time favorite meal, Jager Schnitzel! One try and I'm sure you will love it too!
Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Jägerschnitzel (hunter's schnitzel) is a schnitzel with mushroom sauce. Depending on the region of Germany and personal taste, it may or may not be breaded. You can cook Jager-Schnitzel using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jager-Schnitzel
- Prepare 4 of boneless thin pork chops.
- You need Dash of salt and pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 Tsp. of paprika.
- It's 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of plain breadcrumbs.
- You need Dash of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of fresh rosemary, very finely chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for frying (or more).
- You need 1 of lemon, sliced for garnish.
- You need 4 sprigs of parsley for garnish.
I discovered Jagerschnitzel the first day and was hooked. Traditionally you would not flour or bread a cutlet for jägerschnitzel, but sometimes I like a light coating of flour. IPA(key): /ˈjɛːɡɐˌʃnɪtsl̩/, /-ˌʃnɪtsəl/ (standard; used naturally in western Germany and Switzerland). IPA(key): /ˈjeːɡɐ-/ (overall more common; particularly northern and eastern regions).
- Trim the chops of any fat. Place one chop between two sheets of plastic wrap and lightly pound thin to about 1/4 – 1/3 inch with the flat side of a meat tenderizer (mallet)..
- [A rolling pin or even a wine bottle can produce the same results] Repeat with the other chops and plate them all. Season them lightly with salt and pepper..
- Place the flour in a dish and mix in the paprika. In a shallow bowl, mix in water to the beaten egg. In the third dish, add your breadcrumbs, seasonings, and chopped rosemary..
- Dip one cutlet into the flour mixture and coat both sides and edges. Now dip in the egg wash and then lay it in the bed of breadcrumbs. Don't press the meat in the crumbs..
- Flip it over to cover all sides and place on a clean serving plate. Repeat the process..
- Once they’re all plated, place in the refrigerator. Prepare your side dishes and the mushroom gravy..
- [For the gravy, sauté mushrooms first and then add some sliced shallots. Next, make a roux, add a bit of red wine and beef stock. Lightly season and add some fried bacon pieces (optional).].
- In a deep sauté pan, heat the oil over a strong medium heat for the cutlets. Oil should heat to about 300˚F. Use enough oil so that the meat is “swimming” a bit when placed in there..
- Fry the schnitzel for 2-3 minutes (maximum) on both sides until a deep golden brown. Place them on a wire rack or a serving plate lined with paper towel as you fry the rest..
- Serve with a lemon wedge and a sprig of parsley, or your choice of topping, sauce, or gravy..
Jägerschnitzel - German Schnitzel with Mushrooms. Traditional German schnitzel or Jägerschnitzel made with boneless pork chops and served with a delicious mushroom. Oma's German schnitzel recipe (Jägerschnitzel) is great if you need something delicious that's quick to make as well. So traditionally German and so WUNDERBAR! Jägerschnitzel (französisch Escalope chasseur) ist ein Gericht der klassischen Küche aus gebratenem Kalbs- oder Schweineschnitzel mit einer Pilz-Tomaten- oder Pilz-Sahnesauce.