How to Prepare Perfect Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon
Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon. Did someone say bacon.and pork chops? I mean, this combo is great on its own. But, it turns even magical when you combine the two ingredients.
Add bacon grease to a large pot with a lid. Sear the pork chops first, then bake them in this creamed cabbage and bacon sauce for maximum flavor. In a family of picky eaters, everyone ate this one (some skipped the cabbage). You can have Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon
- Prepare of Your desired ct pork chops.
- It's 1 can of yams.
- You need 1 head of cabbage.
- It's 1 of bg of season blend.
- Prepare of Gravy mix.
- Prepare of Cooked white rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of room temp butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
The recipe calls for a season of salt and pepper right before transferring to the oven. Season both sides of the pork chops with the Essence and kosher salt. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over high heat. Stir in the chicken stock, Calvados, caraway seeds, bay leaves, salt.
Smothered pork chops, yams and cabbage w/ bacon instructions
- For the pork chops; add 2tbsp of cooking oil to skillet. Wash n season pork chops to your desire, brown them evenly. Sautee your season blend. Put pork chops back in the pot with season blend add water and let cook till tender. While cooking mix gravy mix n put to the side..
- For the cabbage; cut to your desire size and rinse cabbage good, set aside. In a deep skillet add 2 tbsp oil to coat the pan, adr bacon and season blend to fry. After bacon is fried add cabbage stir till its starts getting tender. Add your seasoning of choice. Add 1/2 cup of water and place lid and let cook down till tender of your choice.
- For yams; open yams and pour into a pot along with the sugar and butter and allow to cook till tender and syrup is sticky lookin.
- After pork chops are tender add gravy mix n cook till thick to your choice. plate. With cooked rice, cabbage, n yams and enjoy😋.
Many classic smothered pork chop recipes include a mushroom gravy. If you'd like to add mushrooms, add about a cup of sliced Baby What do you serve with smothered pork chops? If you're looking for some starch to make this meal extra hardy, rice or mashed potatoes is the way to go. Dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture. Fry the pork chops in Sometimes you just need a big honkin' plate of pork chops dripping with bell pepper gravy.