Easiest Way to Make Delicious Sweet and Tart Pot Roast
Sweet and Tart Pot Roast.
You can have Sweet and Tart Pot Roast using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Tart Pot Roast
- It's 4 lb of pot roast.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola or vegetable oil.
- It's 1 medium of onion.
- You need 2/3 cup of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- It's 1 tsp of cornstarch mixed w 2 tbsp cold water.
- You need 1 tsp of Pickapeppa Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of small new potatoes.
- It's 1/2 lb of baby carrots.
Sweet and Tart Pot Roast instructions
- Trim excess fat from the roast and sprinkle w salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat..
- Brown the roast on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Add 1/2 onions, and continue cooking turning the roast and onions until onions are lightly browned..
- Remove from heat..
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, applesauce, brown sugar, Pickapeppa, and allspice..
- Move beef to crock pot with vinegar mixture, potatoes, most of the onions, and 3/4 of the carrots on low for 12-14 hours, stirring occasionally..
- Add remaining carrots and onions at the 6 hour mark..
- Remove the roast to a platter, and keep warm..
- Combine the cornstarch and water and stir the mixture into the pan drippings..
- Heat over medium heat until the sauce is thickened..
- Serve over slices of wheat bread..