Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Chicken Marsala
You can cook Chicken Marsala using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Marsala
- It's 3 of chicken breasts (about 500 grams total).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of flour.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of Cajun seasoning.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of butter (separated into 3 equal parts).
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion small.
- You need 6 Cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 300 Grams of mushrooms sliced (about 5 cups).
- You need 3/4 Cup of Marsala wine.
- It's 1 Cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
Chicken Marsala step by step
- Incorporate the Cajun seasoning into the flour.
- Tenderize the chicken breasts and slice them in half.
- Heat olive oil in shallow sauce pan on medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the pan and add the chicken breasts.
- Brown chicken breasts on each side (about 3 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken breasts from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, onions, and garlic to the pan.
- Cook until onions start to become translucent (about 1 minute).
- Add mushrooms and cook until they brown and lose much of their liquid.
- Pour in the Marsala wine and cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock and cook until the sauce has thicken slightly (about 3 minutes).
- Lower heat to medium, add the last tablespoon of butter, and add the chicken breasts back to the pan.
- Cook chicken breasts for about 5 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.