Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Pot Roast
You can cook Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- Prepare 3.5 - 4 lbs of Chuck roast.
- It's 1 of yellow onion large.
- You need 6 - 8 of carrots.
- It's 5 -. 75 lbs of baby potatoes ..
- Prepare a few sprigs of thyme fresh.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- It's 3 tbsps of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of olive oil.
- It's 2 - 3 cups of beef stock.
Pot Roast instructions
- Pre-heat your oven to 300F and get your dutch oven ready.
- Head your oil over high heat and brown your season chuck roast on all sides until a nice crust has developed - 3-5 minutes per side..
- Remove beef, add diced onion to pan and cook until softened, 5-7 minutes..
- Add balsamic, and reduce until it's a syrupy glaze and add dijon..
- Toss in thyme, and return beef to pan. Roast for 2 hours covered..
- Add carrots and potatoes and return to oven for another hour until everything is a tender mess. Serve family style..