Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Sheree's Southern Pork Chops
Sheree's Southern Pork Chops. Smothered pork chops are a Southern comfort classic featuring pan-fried pork chops covered in a simple but super savory onion gravy. This smothered pork chops recipe is great over white rice, which soaks up the delicious sauce and makes this down-home dish a feast. Southern Smothered Pork Chops and Gravy
Lightly breaded pork chops are smothered in a rich savory and well seasoned brown gravy resulting in the perfect Southern classic. Growing up, one of my favorite meals was a Southern Smothered Pork Chops recipe. As I grew older, I took my Mama's pork chop recipe with me and integrated it. You can have Sheree's Southern Pork Chops using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sheree's Southern Pork Chops
- It's 4 of bone in pork chops (they just tend to have more flavor).
- Prepare 1 of ***** season with season salt, garlic powder, pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of bacon grease or veggie oil.... i cooked cheesy tater, which i will post... so i had fried bacon.
- You need of apples.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of all spice.... nutmeg... or pumpkin spice.
- It's 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of tart apple... i like granny smith.... cored and peeled (save peel).
- You need of dressing.
- Prepare 1 box of pork flavoured dressing mix.
- You need 3 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1/4 tsp of sage.
- It's 1 stalk of celery minced.
- It's 1/2 of onion...minced.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth.
Southern Fried Pork Chops are sprinkled with seasoned salt, pepper and a little cayenne, if you want some spice, then dredged in flour and pan fried until perfectly golden and delicious! Southern Fried Pork Chops were a staple at my house growing up! This easy Smothered Pork Chops Recipe is a Southern classic and true soul food that always satisfies with tender, juicy pork chops and gravy. Many of the most pivotal events in the history of the civil rights movement occurred in the South, so much of the food associated with civil rights are Southern.
Sheree's Southern Pork Chops step by step
- I cut up apple into thin slices... circles or 1/2 moons are fine... I put lemon juice on slices and mix to cover apple slices.
- Add brown sugar, 1/2 stick melted butter, nutmeg and stir with slices of apple mix well....
- Sit aside apple mixture.
- ** I have Bacon grease that I save... I was making BROCCOLI / POTATO SCALLOPED POTATO (I will also post it)..
- Season the pork chops and set in fridge for an hour.... bring them out and let the rest for 15 minutes... fry the pork chops in the drippings until brown on both sides...
- Mix one box of dressing mix with minced onion, celery, and Peel from apple.... I usually put it all in food processor together....
- 1 1/2 cup of water....sage....should be mixed with dressing mix and put in the bottom of sprayed casserole dish.
- Layer pork chops on top and put apple mix ontop of each pork chop...
- Cut butter into 1 Tbsp pieces (4).
- Place them on dressing... cover tightly with aluminium foil and let bake for 35 -40 minutes at 350°.
Southern pork chops are a delicious treat. My wife prepares this recipe for me all the time. And the pork chops are always delicious, making for a tasty and enjoyable dinner. Funniest part of all, is my son enjoys eating fried pork chops more than me. Add the onion and cook over medium heat just until turning translucent but still crisp.