How to Prepare Delicious Pot Roast
You can have Pot Roast using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need of for the Roast.
- It's 3 lb of beef pot roast.
- It's 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 1/4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare of in the crock pot.
- Prepare 4 of Carrots.
- You need 3 of potatoes, quartered.
- It's 2 of sweet onions, sliced.
- You need 3 stick of celery.
- It's 8 oz of mushrooms, whole and washed.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of beef broth.
Pot Roast step by step
- Coat roast with flour, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, & garlic..
- Sear outside of roast in skillet (optional) by placing some oil in the skillet and browning all sides using tongs. Don't forget about the ends!.
- Place potatoes in crock..
- Place roast and scrape all drippings from skillet in to crock..
- Filter mushrooms in spare spaces in crock..
- Add carrots, celery, & onions (in that order) to crock..
- Pour broth over it all. Add more if the pot gets dry while cooking..
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours for the best results, or on high for 6-8 hours if you're in a rush..