How to Prepare Tasty Irish Sheperd's Pie
Irish Sheperd's Pie.
You can have Irish Sheperd's Pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irish Sheperd's Pie
- It's of organic.
- You need 1/2 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 6 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It's 4 cup of beef stock, low sodium.
- It's 2 tsp of tomato paste.
- It's 4 tsp of chopped parsley.
- It's 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 6 of potatoes.
- It's 2 cup of steamed carrots.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of steamed peas.
Irish Sheperd's Pie instructions
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Then, add onion. Meanwhile, cook ground beef in another pan..
- When onion is clear, add flour. Cook until brown. Then, add beef stock..
- Bring to a boil and then add tomato paste, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. You can also add freshly steamed peas and carrots to the mixture, if you like..
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and slice potatoes. Then, put potatoes in large pot with just enough water to cover them..
- Boil potatoes in pot until soft. Meanwhile, add cooked ground beef to saucepan and bring to a boil again..
- Put contents of saucepan into a large casserole dish. Meanwhile, take the cooked potatoes and mash them up. I like to use a hand-mixer..
- Add the milk, butter, and salt to the potatoes if you like. Then, place the mashed potatoes on top of the casserole..
- Place casserole dish, uncovered, in the oven preheated to 350°F. Bake for about 30 minutes..
- Remove from oven and serve with grated cheese.