Recipe: Appetizing Pot roast beef brisket
Pot roast beef brisket. Beef Brisket cooked as a pot roast couldn't be easier. Just sear and then cook it in the oven with onions and garlic all afternoon until it becomes fall-apart tender. To make the brisket, season the beef all over with salt and pepper.
Braised and roasted brisket has deep flavor that makes you come back for seconds. Traeger it low and slow then gather your crew and chow down. Don't worry about a side dish, the vegetabes are in the pot with the beef. You can cook Pot roast beef brisket using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pot roast beef brisket
- You need 700 g of well-marbled beef brisket, rolled and tied.
- You need 1 tsp of flaked sea salt, plus extra to season.
- Prepare of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It's 4 of onions.
- It's 3 sprigs of bushy thyme.
- You need 1 of large bay leaf.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 500 ml of hot beef stock, made with 1 beef stock cube.
- Prepare 200 ml of red wine.
- It's 4 of large carrots, cut into 3cm/11/4in chunks.
- You need 6 of celery sticks, trimmed and cut into 4cm/11/2in lengths.
How to cook beef brisket pot roast style - slowly cooked with onions, garlic, herbs, and carrots. This EASY beef brisket recipe is a winner. Try our beef brisket recipe with gravy. This beef brisket recipe is an easy beef brisket recipe in the slow cooker.
Pot roast beef brisket instructions
- For the beef, season the beef all over with the salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a large flameproof casserole and brown the beef over a fairly high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning every couple of minutes. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3..
- While the beef is frying, thinly slice two of the onions. Remove the beef from the casserole and put it to one side. Add the onions to the casserole and fry for five minutes or until nicely browned, stirring regularly. Add a little more oil if the onions begin to stick..
- Stir in the thyme and bay leaf and cook for 20-30 seconds more, stirring. Return the beef to the casserole. Stir the tomato purée into the hot beef stock and pour around the beef. Add the wine and bring to a gentle simmer on the hob..
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven. Cook for three hours 30min. After about 1hour 45min, take out of the oven and turn the beef. If you press it with a fork, the meat will feel very firm..
- While the beef is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut the remaining onions into half from root to tip and then cut each half into four. Peel the carrots and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks, trim the celery and cut into 4cm/1½in lengths..
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the onions for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and celery and cook for a further five minutes over a medium heat until the onions are softened and all the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring regularly..
- Remove the beef from the oven and take off the lid. Press the beef with a fork. You should be able to feel it becoming much softer. (If not, return to the oven for a further 30 minutes before adding the vegetables.).
- Turn the beef over and nestle all the sautéed vegetables around it. Cover with the lid again and return to the oven for a further 1-2 hours, or until the beef is very tender and yields completely to the pressure of a spoon..
- To serve the beef, lift the beef out of the casserole with a couple of forks and place on a board or serving platter. Cut off the string and carve into slices. Serve with the poached vegetables, latkes and the rich cooking liquor for gravy..
Season the brisket all over and brown really well on all sides, then remove onto a plate. Holy moly, that brisket pot roast looks GOOD. I bet the ketchup gets thick and caramelized in the oven. Have you ever tried the Cook Illustrated BBQ beef brisket? Pot roast isn't really a specific recipe or cut of meat — it's more of a method.