Recipe: Perfect Pot Roast
Pot Roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Make it unique with beer, cranberries or wine! Dutch oven pot roast recipes are the ultimate comfort food. When juicy pot roast simmers in garlic, onions and veggies, everyone comes running to ask, "When can we eat?" Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. You can cook Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 2 1/4 lb of roast.
- Prepare 4 medium of carrots.
- It's 1 medium of yellow onion.
- You need 1 packages of mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 6 of petite red potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- It's 2 tbsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red pepper.
A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot Roast - fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker. One of the best bang-for-buck meals of all time.
Pot Roast instructions
- Chop vegetables into bite sized chucks.
- Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic salt and red pepper and place meat on top of veggies.
- Add two cans of broth to pot. I used chicken broth because it's what I had on hand, but feel welcome to use what you have..
- Add in smashed garlic. I didn't mince mine, but smashed it with a knife to release to juices and added it whole to the pot.
- Set temp to what you prefer. I placed mine at 6 hours.
Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper. Ree cooks her pot roast slow and low with aromatic. This Instant Pot Pot Roast is so tender it falls apart when you try to take it out. It has such great flavor, that you can even skip the searing if you want (I'll be Tips for making this Instant Pot Pot Roast How to make Instant Pot pot roast that is so tender, it melts in your mouth.