Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Irvixen's Pot Roast With Buttermilk Gravy (crock Pot)
Irvixen's Pot Roast With Buttermilk Gravy (crock Pot). This crock pot pork roast is one of the easiest crock pot recipes ever! The gravy makes itself right in the slow cooker and you'll have juicy, flavorful pork and gravy to come home to! Serve over mashed potatoes or with a pile of buttered egg noodles for the ultimate.
Crock Pot Roast With Mushroom Gravy. Layer the potatoes and onions on. Add roast then remaining onion and other ingredients. You can cook Irvixen's Pot Roast With Buttermilk Gravy (crock Pot) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Irvixen's Pot Roast With Buttermilk Gravy (crock Pot)
- You need 4 lb of Beef roast or venison roast.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive or canola oil.
- You need 1 of Onion, chopped or halved and sliced.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk (if you have none: 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice and enough milk to equal one cup. Stir and let sit 5 minutes).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Beef bullion granules or 4 beef bullion cubes.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cornstarch or flour.
GRAVY: Remove roast, onions, clove and bay leaf. Crock Pot Pork Roast with GravyThese Old Cookbooks. cream of mushroom soup, pork roast, condensed french onion soup. Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin And Gravy Recipes. Crock Pot Ranch Pork RoastBottom Left of the Mitten. water, flour, milk, pork loin roast, worcestershire sauce, ranch.
Irvixen's Pot Roast With Buttermilk Gravy (crock Pot) instructions
- Brown roast in oil on all sides. Place in large slow cooker and top with onions..
- In same skillet, add buttermilk, water, bullion, thyme and pepper. Bring to simmer..
- Mix cornstarch with enough cold water to make a watery paste. Add to skillet and simmer/ stir until thickened..
- Pour gravy over roast. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours..
- I usually thicken the gravy after the roast is done by repeating the cornstarch water process before serving. Hubby likes his gravy thicker :) Serve with mashed potatoes!.
- From Farmhouse Cookbook.
I've been making it for years. Spread mustard over roast; place in a Dutch oven. Sprinkle with soup mix and pepper. Arrange vegetables around roast; pour buttermilk over the top. This is an easy crockpot pot roast made with gravy, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings.